What we do...
(The following is an example of what is done to road (racing) bikes but to a lesser extent is done to all bikes as necessary)
- All bikes get a full inspection at service.
- Tyres are inspected for wear and damage.
- Wheels are checked for loose spokes, bearing wear and rim wear.
- Chain is measured for wear - this is important as on expensive road bikes a worn chain can quickly wear the cassette and then wear down the more expensive chain rings. Replace the worn chain on time and your cassette and chainrings will last a long time.
- Brake pads checked for wear and pad position on rim.
- Brake mechanism adjusted and lubed, cables inspected and lubed.
- Front and rear derailleur cleaned, lubed and adjusted as necessary.
- Gear cables inspected and lubed.
- Quick release skewers removed, cleaned and greased and inspected.
- Bottom bracket checked for play.
- Pedal mechanism lubricated.
- If required the bike gets a full washdown & degrease
- Frame cleaned and and frame protection stickers applied to carbon frames if required.
- Gear cable, brake cables and pads along with stem bolts all get torqued to correct setting.
- Finally every bike gets a short road test to ensure all is functioning.